Thursday, November 11, 2010

SPEED 11/11/2010

Got a speed session in today at Pembroke Bay. The wind was nuking, I rigged a 6m and due to the direction went out on the Starboard W58 with Black Project 30cm race fin.

6m was all I could hang on to. The wind today started Southerly and gradually backed around to the West. Southerly is dead offshore at Pembroke, I would say it was WSW to West when I went in, way too broad for decent speeds but one hell of a work out.

You could just about stay inside the bay on Port tack sailing out jibe and sail straight into the beach, gradually sailing off the wind over horrendous chop until you get a flat section between the breaking 4 to 5 foot waves, then let go. Looking at the gps tracks I had 150m to speed up to flat out before hitting the rocks at the end of the bay.

Top speed 37.808 Knots.

I am pleased with that. I had no run into the course. Pierre from gsyphoto.com took some photos that I will publish later, they remind me of Sotavento on a rough day.

No comments:

Post a Comment