Thursday, August 11, 2011

July / August

Firstly sorry fro the lack of postings this last month.

Things have been soooo busy. After the Swedish speed event I had a month of hectic work mixed in with a bit of windsurfing. Mid July I noticed my wieght starting to rise and since then I have been training hard, SUP ing and windsurfing, back on track!

It's amazing how fitness can slip over a four week period. Obviously windsurfing is the most important exercise to do but unfortunately Guernsey doesn't get wind every day. I have had some good slalom sessions and tried out sailing the southern end of Vazon in Westerly force 5 on Monday. It looked good from the shore but was way to choppy inside and rough as hell outside, water totally confused with waves jacking up right in front of you. A lot of air time. Still it was a good session with my 8.0m GPS Hotsail and 107 ltr Starboard Isonic.

Today looks like it may happen. We have force 5 SW at the moment with the tide falling. The forcast has the wind at it's strongest from 10am - 1pm and that coincides with low tide. Pembroke Bay low tide and great direction is the venue, just hope the wind picks up a bit.

I hope to use the 8m with my 90 ltr Isonic. This will be the first time I have used this setup.

I blog later to tell you how it has gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment