Windsurfing European Speed Championship Tour 2011
For 2011 the European Speed Champions will be decided from the results from participating National events.
Criteria for Tour
• Based on the results of accepted European National championships.
• The Male and Female competitors’ tour winners will be crowned the European Champions.
• The best of three results to count for the ranking, if a tie exists, then the riders fastest speed will decide.
• All events to count as a factor of one.
• Additional prize money and timing systems will be used by organisers to encourage higher profile sailors.
• Before an event is accepted as a counting round of the tour the local organiser must agree to accept minimum standards of speed competition.
ET Minimum Standards
Fixed course over a minimum distance of 250 m with starting gates
Accurate timing system, Navi GPS and GPS results pro as minimum standard
Minimum speed of 28 knots achieved at least 3 times by 20% of the whole fleet, to qualify as a counting round.
Event to run for a minimum of 5 Days on a fixed date
A minimum of 2 months notice of event with published NOR and confirmation of entry by organisers one month before.
Competitors have to be fully paid up members of the ISWC to get a European tour championship ranking. This does not exclude them from their National championship as long as they are members of their National association.
Off shore course wherever possible
Includes a Junior Fleet where ever possible
Encourage festival style with clinics etc if possible
The Countries that have agreed so far to the standards and wish to take part are Belgium, Sweden, UK and Germany. Dates and details to follow.
Invitations have been sent to Spain, France, Austria, Holland and Ireland who have shown an interest in being included. European Riders who wish their nation to be included please contact your national speed championship organisers and ask them to contact us.